Founded in 2017, Toyota AI Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups around the world in areas such as AI, autonomy, materials, mobility, robotics, smart cities, and industrial automation and logistics. Our mission is to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. With more than $200M under management, we’ve invested in over 35 companies, including Bipi, Blackmore, Carbice, Intuition Robotics, Joby Aviation, May Mobility, Revel, SLAMcore, and Ziva Dynamics.
We’d like to add a results-oriented intern to assist our team with critical tasks while gaining valuable experience in the world of venture capital. The ideal candidate is a highly organized teammate willing to learn quickly, take initiative, and make the most of the opportunity. Other qualifications include a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration, and at least one year of relevant work experience.
Knowledge of the VC/investment world is a plus. We are a small, adaptable team that embraces diversity and a culture of acting with integrity, clear communication, and bold thinking. If you’re looking for a challenging but fun opportunity, come join us. This internship is paid and has the opportunity to convert into a full-time role. It will be fully remote to start until we return to our offices in the Bay Area.
- Analyze new investment opportunities and support due diligence
- Research and explore new industries and technologies
- Perform competitive analysis and market research on new potential investments
- Track and log companies using our investment management system
- Option to network and look for new investment opportunities
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, MBA preferred
- Self-motivated to get work done without a lot of oversight
- Ability to consume, analyze, and communicate large amounts of business and technology data very quickly
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce research reports and presentations
- Analytical proficiency in G-Suite is a must. Proficiency in Python and SQL experience is a plus.
- Ability to break big challenges into smaller, more manageable problems
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks on any given day
- Comfortable learning new or unfamiliar skills
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or other investment firm a plus
- Genuine interest in technology and working with entrepreneurs and other venture capitalists
- Maintain professionalism and conﬁdentiality
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
IF interested, please apply here.