SVB Capital is a global, venture capital investment firm with $6.4 billion of assets under management. Founded in 1999, SVB Capital is the premiere investment partner for investors interested in accessing the innovation economy, with a focus on Technology and Healthcare & Life Sciences across both equity and credit. As a division of SVB Financial Group, the firm has unparalleled data, insights, sector expertise and relationships with the preeminent venture capital firms and startups as a result of Silicon Valley Bank’s rich history throughout the venture ecosystem. For nearly 40 years, SVB Financial Group (“SVBFG”) and its subsidiaries have helped innovators, their companies, and their investors move bold ideas forward.
Since 2000, the team has raised ten funds of funds (“SIF”), five direct investment funds (“CP”), and five opportunistic vehicles (“SMAs”). In late 2020, SVBFG announced the acquisition of WestRiver Group’s private credit funds. This transaction is key to the launch of SVB Capital’s credit platform.
The SVB Capital intern will work with both the Direct and Fund-of-Fund teams to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses on investment opportunities. The intern will support the SVB Capital investment team in market mapping, portfolio monitoring, pipeline management, general due diligence, and more.
Job responsibilities include
- Performing market research and analyze relevant bank data to help identify and evaluate investment opportunities
- Synthesizing prep materials for GP, LP, and company meetings
- Attending meetings alongside Partners and take organized notes for distribution to the broader team
- Contributing to value-add projects for portfolio companies, prospective investments, and bank partners
- Maintaining and monitoring internal databases of company metrics and information
- Supporting SVB Capital strategic initiatives and Investor Relations/Fundraising efforts
- Candidates must be students currently enrolled in a college/university
- Candidate should have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Robust research skills and demonstrated interest in technology and venture capital
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite. Great if also proficient with PitchBook, Crunchbase, CBInsights, and/or SQL database querying
If interested, please apply here.