To support our founding team, we’re looking for a passionate person with an interest in venture capital and entrepreneurship as Student Assistant (“Werkstudent”) (m/f/d) starting as soon as possible for about 10 hrs / week.
Smart Infrastructure Ventures (‚SIVentures‘) is the first private venture capital fund in the new federal states of Germany. Our office is based in Leipzig’s SpinLab (in the Baumwollspinnerei) where we are focussing on venture capital investments in early-stage software startups. We invest from € 100k in companies within smart city, energy, proptech, e-mobility, IoT, ehealth etc.
Our hands-on team of three founders has extensive international knowledge in finance, entrepreneurship, innovation & venture capital. We provide access to infrastructure (co-working office space and technology), coaching and mentoring, as well as to our international network of successful business founders, established market players and leading investors. As SIVentures is a startup itself, there are limited pre-defined structures and processes so you will have a lot of flexibility and responsibility. Therefore, being a self-starter with a hands-on mentality is a must.
- Proactively source startups of different sectors
- Attend pitch events & conferences to identify promising startups
- Speak to founders about their startups, traction & fundraising
- Review & evaluate those startups
- Maintain startup databases
- Research projects within venture capital
- General support of our founding team
- Currently studying for a Science or Business Degree, with an excellent academic track record
- Reliable self-starter
- High level of commitment & motivation
- Proficiency in German and English (both written and oral)
- Experiences in venture capital and/or entrepreneurship advantageous (either as part of your studies or through an internship)
- At least 1 year until your graduation
- Leipzig based
- A fun, creative & international working environment within the startup accelerator SpinLab
- A small motivated team where you work directly with founders & receive direct feedback
- Many opportunities to develop yourself and to broaden your skill set
- A high level of responsibility and ambitious tasks within a strong team
- After a starting phase onsite, we will offer flexible working time and partially remote work
- Important: We’re not just looking for a student assistant for a few months – if both sides are happy we are very much interested in offering you a full-time job as an Entrepreneur in Residence, after you finished your studies.
The starting date is flexible – let us know in your application when you can start.
Please apply via this platform – https://jobs.startup-mitteldeutschland.de/.
For any questions please contact:
Smart Infrastructure Ventures GmbH