Seedstars Africa Ventures is a 100m$ venture fund investing in innovative, early-stage, high-growth companies across the continent and providing them with first-class support. The fund leverages the existing operations of Seedstars’ accelerator in 25+ countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
Seedstars Africa Ventures is looking for a 6-months intern. This is a unique opportunity to work in the VC space in a newly created fund, while making a difference by supporting innovating entrepreneurs in Africa.
The intern will assist the team in:
- Screening and reviewing investment opportunities;
- Carrying the due diligence process, engaging with founders along with the fund Partners; collecting, organizing and analysing reported information;
- Preparing Investment Memos to present to the Investment Committee;
- Managing fund communication, including working on presentations and supporting its online presence and reach;
- Undertaking ad hoc market research.
The candidate should have:
- A strong interest in the VC and investment space, as well as a strong interest in emerging markets, and particularly Africa;
- A prior internship experience in an investment fund, an investment bank, a management consultancy, or an audit firm. Experiences with leading scale-ups will also be considered;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with capacity to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- A strong command of English (both written and verbal);
- Experience in using Office, including Excel.
Location : this internship is based in Paris and can be thereafter extended into full-time employment based in Nairobi, Kenya.
If interested, please apply here.