We have an exciting opportunity for a Venture Capital Intern position. The intern will play an important role in supporting the company. If you have a strong interest in Venture Capital, we would love to speak with you. This position will be based in Seattle/Shenzhen.
Job Type / Category
- Office Administration and executive assistant.
- Conduct in-depth financial or industry/technology research and prepare reports
- Work with the internal teams, present insights into deliverables
- Source, assess and track new investment opportunities for our clients (you can meet a lot of CEOs)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned on an ad-hoc basis
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Required: Fluent in Chinese (You have to produce deliverables in Chinese, Don’t apply if you are not able to write Chinese)
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Engineering/Biotech/Telecommunications/Computer Science/Energy/Finance/Accounting/Law or related field
- Strong technical background
- IT skills preferred (website/office devices maintenance)
- Strong interest in Venture Capital and/on investment
- 0-2 years prior experience, ideally in venture capital, consulting or similar
- 0-2 years prior experience in due diligence and drafting financial analysis
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Preferred: Fluent in Japanese, Korean, Hebrew
- Superior Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills required
SCGC provides strategic consulting services to companies in North America/Israel/Europe/Japan with their business development and expansion in Asia, especially in China. We have successfully connected a portfolio of highly vetted startups to their suppliers, customers, and investors in Asia, building a thriving global ecosystem. We focus on seven core sectors including consumer goods, TMT, life science, new material, and energy/environment.
Our clients also include established Asian investment funds with a long track record of investment in incubation, early-stage and growth companies. SCGC helps our clients identify high-growth companies, discover talented entrepreneurs and conduct due diligence on promising opportunities globally.
SCGC offers a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature and so is our client base.
We are passionate about what we do and believe collaboration is crucial to speedy execution and value in-person interactions across roles. We value our employees, offering employee coverage for medical and dental insurance.
If interested, please apply here.