Samsung Catalyst Fund is a $500mm evergreen multi-stage venture capital fund that invests globally in innovative technology startups, on behalf of Samsung’s mobile, device solutions and consumer electronics groups. The fund focuses in the areas of AI, fintech, robotics, cloud infrastructure, digital health and device solutions, often in Series A/B rounds. https://samsungcatalyst.com/
The group is headquartered in Menlo Park, with additional offices in New York City, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Paris and Seoul.
- Source investment opportunities
- Conduct market, product and financial due diligence
- Initiate and maintain relationships with entrepreneurs
- Interact with other venture investors, advisers and colleagues at Samsung
- Financial analysis and returns modeling
- Take a large role in the deal closing process
- Develop investment insights into areas of interest to the fund
- Support existing portfolio companies
- MBA/Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, or related from a top institution
- Desirable: a BS/BA in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Applied Math
- At least 2-4 years of venture capital, startup, tech investment banking, or management consulting in tech sectors
- Ability to build financial models to assess operating economics and investment returns
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate and advocate business value propositions for new markets and products
- Excellent Entrepreneurial drive and self-confidence to excel in a high impact, highly dynamic, and geographically dispersed team environment
- High ethical standards
- Must be team player
- Some travel will be required
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- one of the largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry’s volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays. SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is SSI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, and hiring decisions are made accordingly.
If interested, please apply here.