Relish Works is seeking an MBA Intern to support our corporate venture capital investment team. The position will start immediately and run for three to six months, with a possibility of full-time employment directly following.
We are Relish Works, an innovation hub focused on challenging the status quo and exploring the future of the food industry. While backed with the support of an established and profitable food service organization, Relish Works operates as an independent organization focused on user-centered solutions. Our efforts explore improvements to the established company’s core business as well as solving for unmet customer needs.
The position will play an active role in all aspects of our corporate venture fund including due diligence, portfolio management, KPI tracking and research. In addition, you will support the efforts of the larger partnership team through research, market analysis, and the activities of our accelerator program, The Food Foundry. Candidates for the role are detail-oriented and self-motivated with strong financial acumen and quantitative analysis skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Diligence: Support Investment Lead on the preparation of presentations and reports for new and follow-on investment opportunities based on analysis and research.
- Financial/Strategic Analysis: Incorporate both financial performance and potential strategic value for the enterprise into diligence, reporting and monitoring activities.
- Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and portfolio performance via KPI tracking, risk assessments, pipeline activity, etc.
- Deal Flow: Find and track early stage startups and industry trends. Foster relationships with other venture capitalists to build inbound deal flow.
- Industry Research: Actively read and seek out new information sources to stay abreast of trends and market analysis. Synthesize research into reports and perspectives to inform our investment strategy and pipeline development.
- Support the management of our data sources and regular reporting through CRM, google analytics and other tools.
- 2-5 years of experience in consulting, finance, venture capital, investment banking or similar fields (e.g., public accounting with FDD experience)
- Current student or recent graduate of an MBA program
- Experience in financial due diligence, financial analysis and business modeling
- Curiosity in entrepreneurship and innovation and an understanding of the various ways companies make money
- Eagerness to learn new skills and develop a breadth of capabilities
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities outside of specified role
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
- Openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams
- Independent and hard-working with an ability to set and manage their own deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software as needed
- Minimal travel may be required; compensation commensurate with experience
If interested, please apply here.