Paladin is a leading venture capital firm, investing in early-stage cybersecurity and deep-tech start-ups. Our firm’s HQ is based in Washington DC and we have offices in New York, San Francisco, London, and Luxembourg. Over the past 10 years, we have invested in over 45 cyber companies across the US and Europe. As such, we are constantly on the look-out for great start-ups and attractive markets in the cyberspace. Identifying both plays a predominant role in our daily work alongside helping our portfolio companies succeed.
As markets and technology constantly evolve, key to the success of our firm is to continually drive our investment strategy. Our primary approach is to generate insights from data in order to enhance our company deal-picking ability and awareness. Given the vast amount of data available nowadays, Paladin looks for a suitable candidate to assess feasibility and value-add of the following:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining reliable data pipelines from web-crawlers and APIs over orchestration platforms and dashboards in order to source and monitor suitable investment opportunities
- Transforming, parsing, cleaning, combining, and processing structured and unstructured data
- Conceptualizing and implementing statistical / machine learning models to predict the likelihood of success of investment opportunities and transforming these signals into dynamic filters
- Actively cooperating with the investment team to turn direct and indirect data-derived insights into action and help the team focus its resources on the most promising investment opportunities
- Maintaining the IT tool stack across our CRM system, workflow automation tools, and databases
The intern will have the chance to positively impact the fund’s operations to increase investment screening coverage, work closely with the investment team, and get initial training in the venture capital industry.
- Tier 1 University (recently graduated or about to graduate), with focus on computing, data science, engineering, mathematics, physics, and/or business
- Excellent coding/data science skills required
- Prior experience in working with large data sets and creating intelligence from them as well as in workflow automation/RPA
- Previous experience in Venture Capital/Investment Banking/Big Tech/Consulting helpful
- Work experience: 0-2 years
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Minimum length: 6 months
- Getting initial training in the VC industry at a top firm and working closely with the investment team
Please send us your (1) CV and (2) cover letter, including answers to the following questions (2-3 sentences per questions suffice):
- Why are you interested in working in venture capital and at Paladin?
- What space(s) and trend(s) are you interested in cyber/deep tech and why?
- What are your 2 favorite seed-stage companies (ideally raised
- Tell us about a project in which you had to handle large data sets and create intelligence from them?
- What is your earliest start date, possible length, and time commitment during the internship?
If interested, please apply here.