Overton Venture Capital is a seed-stage focused venture capital firm that invests in ambitious entrepreneurs who are building exceptional next-gen brands and services to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s rapidly evolving consumer landscape — as well as innovations around Consumerization of Health, Future of Work, Ed Tech and Media. We act as investors and partners, bringing our significant talent and operational capabilities to help our portfolio companies grow.
Overton is hiring a full-time summer associate for a hybrid role combining Platform Content (marketing, community, social media engagement), Investment (sourcing & evaluating investment opportunities), and Portfolio Company Engagement. While there will be exposure to the investment side of venture capital due to the nature of our business, the internship will be primarily focused on Overton’s branding and marketing efforts.
The Platform Associate will be responsible for Overton’s platform and marketing strategy including investor relations, public relations, and content development including social and long-form content. You will have an opportunity to interface with portfolio company teams, attend industry events, and learn about the investment and operating side of venture capital. While some projects will be scoped out in advance, the Platform Associate will have an opportunity to develop her/his own projects and collaborate with the team on new ideas.
Candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for entrepreneurship and working with early-stage companies. We are a small team where interns will have the opportunity to own workflows and have an outsized impact. This is an unpaid internship; however, a stipend will be awarded upon completion of the internship.
This internship opportunity is ideal for candidates with a strong digital media or brand marketing background looking to transition into venture capital and alternative investments.
As of now, this internship will be remote.
This summer you will:
- Lead preparation of bi-weekly newsletters with portfolio community and industry news
- Assist in managing social media platforms and creating relevant content (e.g, blogs, posts, etc.)
- Support investment due diligence including market and competitive landscape research
- Work with Overton portfolio companies on ad hoc projects
- Write one (or more) Medium posts sharing insights from your work and/or research completed during your internship
- 3+ years of full-time, post-college work experience in journalism, communications, investor relations or a creative marketing role. Content creating and marketing experience preferred
- An expert interviewer and storyteller, including an ability to ask insightful questions and turn an interview into a compelling story
- A creative eye — whether in writing Tweets, Instagram posts, or other written and visual content
- Strong attention to detail (you edit everything twice)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated interest in startups and technology
- Motivated, hardworking team player who is able to work autonomously
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply, please complete our application here. The deadline to apply is Monday, March 1 but we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.