Overton Venture Capital is a seed stage focused venture capital firm that invests in ambitious entrepreneurs who are building exceptional next-gen brands and services to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s rapidly evolving consumer landscape — as well as innovations around Consumerization of Health, Future of Work, Ed Tech and Media. We act as investors and partners, bringing our significant talent and operational capabilities to help our portfolio companies grow.
We are seeking a full-time summer associate who is an ambitious self-starter with a winning attitude. This is an invaluable opportunity to gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including sourcing, investment analysis, partner meetings, deal execution, and portfolio support.
Candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for entrepreneurship and working with early-stage companies. We are a small team where interns will have the opportunity to own workflows and have an outsized impact. This is an unpaid internship; however, a stipend will be awarded upon completion of the internship.
As of now, this internship will be remote.
This summer you will:
- Screen and help evaluate investment pipeline
- Assist with investment due diligence including market and competitive landscape research
- Work with Overton portfolio companies on ad hoc projects
- Complete one of more sector-specific deep dives and help identify opportunity areas for investment
- Write one (or more) Medium posts sharing insights from your work and/or research completed during your internship
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program (MBA preferred) with at least 3 years of full-time, post-college work experience
- Demonstrated interest in startups and technology
- Experience in financial modeling and data analytics tools
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Motivated, hardworking team player who is able to work autonomously
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply, please complete our application here. The deadline to apply is Monday, March 1 but we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.