M13 is looking to bring on a 1st-year MBA Investment Associate for the summer of 2021 to further help build our consumer-tech portfolio. This is a strong opportunity to contribute to one of LA’s largest and fastest growing early-stage venture funds. The MBA Investment Associate will receive exposure to all aspects of venture capital and the consumer technology industry, providing support in the deal investment process, aiding in investment thesis research and contributing to the firm’s branding and content strategy.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about consumer technology and possess the energy, creativity and drive to help us create a world-class venture portfolio.
Who You Are
- You are a 1st-year MBA candidate at a top-tier program
- You have prior professional experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, technology company, eCommerce company, a start-up company, or venture firm
- You are deeply passionate about consumer technology and entrepreneurship, with an empathy for the founder journey
- You are analytical in your approach – you can navigate financial models and large data sets to distill the key points and tell a story
- You have personal integrity, initiative, strong communication skills, and the ability to work as an effective part of a team
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the sourcing, evaluation, structuring, and execution of investment opportunities
- Identify creative and structured methods to uncovering insights that will drive and develop investment theses
- Oversee portfolio tracking and periodic reporting to general partners, limited partners, and external parties
- Work with the M13 executive team and portfolio company CEO/CMOs to assist in strategy formation and execution
- Identify emerging trends and business KPIs and report to the team on a regular basis
- Create compelling, detailed investment recommendation decks for presentation to M13 Ventures Team and other M13 executives
We are a venture firm built by industry-leading operating executives to help founders make better decisions and win in their category. We believe founders deserve an investor who propels them on their mission of transforming an idea into a successful company, while staying out of their way. This is why we are building a Venture Engine, a full-service venture firm that provides the right people, platform, and partnerships for founding teams to build high-velocity businesses.
M13 injects capital to fuel high-growth, while helping founding teams fill gaps in their businesses through our Propulsion Team, which provides strategic counsel, operational expertise, and a constellation of talent, experts, and resources to accelerate growth. Where we see whitespace in an industry, our Launchpad develops the right founding teams, products, and practices to incubate and launch an idea from inception.
Just like the stars of the cluster M13, we believe that together we shine brighter. We believe that advancement is a team mission. Our proven paradigm for success will create more winning companies and demonstrate that when investors and founding teams are aligned on a venture together, they can redefine what’s possible.
M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
If interested, please apply here.