LDV Capital is looking for a graduate summer intern to join the team remotely from May – August 2021. The individual must desire to experience working at an early stage venture capital firm. They will receive hands-on training and mentorship while meeting and working with entrepreneurs and startups across the globe.
Intern must have a deep-seated interest in entrepreneurship and venture capital and be looking to learn more about venture capital, market mapping, investment research, due diligence and how to build a successful startup.
LDV Capital, based in Manhattan, invests in people building businesses powered by visual technology to entertain, increase efficiency, and solve problems. We thrive on collaborating with deep technical teams who leverage computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence to analyze visual data. We co-invest with Sequoia, Union Square Ventures, FirstMark Capital and other top tier funds.
- Conduct market research on visual technology sectors, evaluate certain products and services and identify trends, patterns, and gaps/opportunities in visual technologies
- Develop and deliver research presentations, both relating to potential investment opportunities and our LDV Insights
- Participate and contribute to weekly team operations meetings
- Screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks and help with due diligence
- Conduct hands-on problem solving
- Participate in events that help build the ecosystem for diverse entrepreneurs in tech
- Passionate about your goals and our vision
- Knowledge and curiosity about the startup and visual technology sector
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Proficient in Google Drive including Sheets, Docs, Forms and more
- Excellent communication with top notch analytical skills
- Driven self-starter and independent worker with track record of continuous self-improvement
- Masters preferred
- Bonus points if passionate about photography, digital media, creative tooling, gaming and the future of virtual spaces
- Ownership of your own projects, from start to finish during the internship
- Interact and learn from venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and technologists
- Introduction to a network of investors, startups, and serial entrepreneurs in New York, Silicon Valley and Europe
- Class credit (if your school approves participation)
- May – July/August
- 40 hrs/week
- 9AM-6PM (flexible)
- Small stipend available
Fill out the form below with your CV, LinkedIn and answers to the following questions:
- What interests you most about this Summer Internship opportunity with LDV Capital?
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What is the worst job you ever held and why?
- What three words would your recent boss or professor use to explain your work style?
- Where do you think are the largest investment opportunities across visual technology ecosystem and why?
- Which 1-3 web based tools are the most valuable to you?
If interested, please apply here.