Lair East Labs is a startup accelerator for founders interested in launching businesses in the US with access to Asia Market. At the heart of Lair East Labs Accelerator’s work lies the 10-week accelerator, in which we invest capital ($50K) and accelerate 8 -12 startups each year who are ready to explore and take on our program. Our 10-week program combines the best of both worlds- learn from alumni founders of top Silicon Valley-style accelerators and gain access to a mentor and investor network with extensive experience navigating the Asia market. In the year of operation, our portfolio companies have raised $27 million in the venture funding after completing the accelerator. For more information: please visit: laireastlabs.com.
About the Role
We are currently seeking intern(s) who is highly analytical and deeply passionate about startups. During this internship, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our team to find and evaluate transformative, breakthrough technology companies.
- Work with our portfolio companies to support them on strategic initiatives
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, web analytics data)
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time
- Support fund operations including writing quarterly LP reports on new investments and our pipeline
- Help program manager organize events, including product and growth sprints, program kickoff week, alumni and recruiting events
- Conduct financial, market, and company diligence on new potential investments; desk research on industries and trends.
- Improve current deal pipelines and optimize the overall communication flow with startups
- A deep passion and /or interest in startups, technology, venture capital, etc.
- Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support team
- BA/BS/Master candidate currently pursuing a degree in STEM/Economics/Investment/relevant degrees at a prestigious university and/or investment analysis experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely
- Experience at a competitive startup or VC firm highly preferred but not required
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Chinese preferred but not required
If interested, please apply here.