Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy anddecreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Ventures Description:
Leveraging Intuitive’s entrepreneurial spirit and expansive technological and clinical reach, Intuitive Ventures invests in transformative opportunities advancing positive outcomes in healthcare. The fund is focused on US and international early-stage start-ups and takes a long-term outlook to support portfolio companies reach their major milestones. Through its inaugural $100 million fund and with leadership combining decades of investing and operational experience, the team cultivates strategic resources to drive financial returns and accelerate the future of minimally invasive care.
Eligibility:Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:We are seeking an MBA Summer Associate to work within the Intuitive Ventures team to support transaction and deal execution activities, as well as market landscaping and deal diligence, associated with innovative healthcare technology companies and the startup ecosystem.
Roles and Responsibilities:The MBA Summer Associate will support with the following responsibilities:
- Attending company pitches and providing input and analysis on specific opportunities reviewed by the team;
- Build startup company landscapes and supporting deal sourcing for new technology and startup opportunities across medical device and digital domains;
- Support diligence and deal execution, including the analysis of company materials, financial reports, developing competitive landscapes and supporting the preparation of investment memos and presentations for Intuitive Venture’s Investment Committee.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Graduate level study and/or work experience and knowledge of the healthcare/ life sciences ecosystem
- Experience with financial analysis including interrogation of financial statements, building business models and projections in Microsoft excel
- Strong analytic and research skills and ability to communicate complex ideas and synthesized insights in simple written and verbal formats
- Self-starter and ability to work effectively across multiple teams, projects and deadlines
- Deep exposure to venture capital, frontier healthcare technologies and ecosystems
- Learn the principles and processes related to venture capital investing transactions, from sourcing to diligence to deal execution
- Work in a cross-disciplinary environment with technical experts, scientists/engineers, corporate colleagues, investors and an external ecosystem of innovators
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2021.Please note that the deadline to apply is 1/5/2021, unless otherwise noted in your campus portal.
If interested, please apply here.