Indicator Ventures is seeking an MBA Summer Associate to join our team for Summer 2021. This person can work out of one of our offices in Boston or New York, or work remotely during U.S east coast time zone. Our Summer Associate will support Indicator’s investment team with research, diligence, general firm operations and a summer-long project.
This is a unique opportunity to get an inside look on what it means to be a venture capitalist and you’ll have first-hand exposure and responsibility in working with founders, other investors, the broader tech ecosystem, and our limited partners.
Indicator Ventures is a seed-stage venture capital firm that invests in founders building technology that makes work, life, and wealth building easier and more accessible. We make initial investments in the pre-seed or seed stages of companies across a broad spectrum of industries with a concentrated portfolio that allows us to dedicate significant time and resources to supporting the founders we back and their teams — either directly or through our network of venture partners, advisors and corporate partners.
- Excited about early-stage investing and the venture/startup landscape
- Have experience in financial modeling, due diligence, and market research
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- Able to work in a startup environment (i.e. small team, fast-paced, self-management)
- Are proactive, have high attention to detail and can multitask
- Currently pursuing an MBA (preferred, but not required)
- Conduct market research and support due diligence efforts as part of Indicator’s sourcing and pipeline processes
- Support, analyze and enhance Indicator’s various databases
- Contribute to Indicator’s branding and marketing efforts
- Support portfolio management activities (including reviewing investor updates, preparing for Board meetings, and sharing relevant industry developments)
- Author an external report (including data collection, analysis, and synthesis) on a topic to be determined collaboratively between you and the General Partners
- Support ad hoc internal operations (including note taking, internal systems management, investor relations, etc.)
This will be a paid eight-week full-time internship based in downtown Boston or NYC, or remotely. The expected commitment will be ideally as close to full-time as possible (40 hours per week). If interested, please send your resume with your first and last name as the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief statement on (1) your favorite company in our portfolio and why, (2) a technology or industry that you believe is poised for growth, and (3) a private company you’d want to invest in and why. Deadline for applications is Friday April 30th.