We’re looking for two Data Interns to join our team. Interested in joining us? Apply here!
HearstLab invests in and supports early-stage, women-led startups. Our mission is to close the gap in venture capital funding for women by helping founders build healthy, sustainable and highly scalable businesses. We’ve invested in more than 30 women-led tech startups to date across healthcare, enterprise software, legal tech and more.
At HearstLab, we rely heavily on data for everything we do, including sourcing and evaluating prospective startups, growing our network, and supporting the startups already in the Lab. We’re looking for two data-obsessed interns to help us reach the next level in leveraging our data to allow us to make even better, smarter decisions.
LEARN: This role is a good fit if you’re interested in learning about business and investing, if you get satisfaction from working on a good spreadsheet and if you appreciate how impactful a great, complete data set can be.
IMPACT: As an intern with HearstLab, you’ll play a critical role in increasing the quality, accuracy, and completeness of our data stored in Airtable, our Excel-like information data system. You’ll draw on your resourcefulness to track down info on prospective startups, people, events, and potential clients for our startups in the Lab. You’ll learn about evaluating businesses, different industries, and the ins and outs of investing.
Your role in improving our data will expand our ability to analyze how we work and who we meet. You’ll have opportunities to lead some of this analysis as you advance through your internship with us.
NETWORK: As a member of HearstLab, you’ll be invited to join our Lunch & Learns and other events and will collaborate with our team of fellows specializing in business development, UX/UI design, dev ops engineering, and hiring, as well as with the HearstLab leadership team focused on growing the Lab and supporting our startups.
This role will report to VP of HearstLab or the HearstLab Strategic Advisor.
- You’re a current or recent college student
- You love data and have experience using Excel, Google Sheets, or another spreadsheet-based applications
- You’re an independent thinker with strong problem solving, critical thinking skills
- You like to beat the deadline
- You have an interest learning about the startup ecosystem and a passion for supporting underrepresented entrepreneurs
- You’re available to work 10-20 hours per week for the next six months, starting immediately
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse team and virtual work environment (remote position)
- An amazing learning experience in a fast-moving environment with a team focused on supporting and investing in women-led startups
- $20 per hour
IF interested, please apply here.