Do you want to learn about the world of investing? Take a peek at how companies like Discord, WhatsApp and TikTok get started by venture capital or how real estate properties like Mammoth Mountain, Under Canvas and Amangiri become go-to destinations. Learn about stocks, bonds, hedge funds, private equity and real estate and how these investments support operations of a non-profit organization like the Getty.
The Investments Department at the Getty manages a portfolio of $7 billion invested across the public and private markets. We are a 10-person team excited to provide a great learning opportunity for individuals who are eager to explore investment management. You will have the opportunity to learn from managing directors and analysts across asset classes, interact with fund managers, and participate in group discussions on investment ideas and asset allocation throughout a 10-week intensive and hands-on program.
We highly encourage applicants from backgrounds that have traditionally been underrepresented in finance and investment management to apply.
Internships are full-time beginning June 14, 2021, and ending August 20, 2021 and will be held at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. If public health guidelines prevent staff from working on-site, the program will be conducted remotely. Interns will receive a stipend of $6,000 for the ten-week period. Health insurance, housing and transportation are not provided.
Interns will be trained to:
· Assist with analyzing portfolios and portfolio companies
· Assist with initial and ongoing due diligence of investment managers
· Research and evaluate investment strategies
· Provide support for ongoing operations and ad hoc research and analysis
Participants will work towards a special research project to be presented to the Investments Team at the end of the program.
· Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
· Demonstrated interest in the investment industry
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Accounting, Investments, Finance, or Economics related coursework (preferred but not required)
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to submit the requirements detailed below by 5pm Pacific Standard Time on Friday, November 20, 2020. Materials received after the deadline will result in an incomplete application. We cannot accept applications hand-delivered to the Getty Center or those sent by postal mail or fax. On the resume, please include G.P.A and coursework (if any) in math, economics, finance, and accounting. Please be aware that we may request hard copies of official transcript(s) at a later date in the evaluation process.
Due to the large volume of applications received, staff is unable to respond to application-related questions once the deadline has passed. Candidates will be contacted for phone or video conference interviews in October, November, and December. All applicants will be notified of the Getty’s decision by late December.
1. Completed Getty Investments Internship Information Form
Please submit your current resume. Be sure to include your full name, e-mail address, and current city and state. Please also include GPA and, if relevant, coursework in math, accounting, finance, and economics.
3. Short Personal Statement
Include a short personal statement that answers the following points:
· Of any class that you’ve taken, what did you find most interesting and why? This does not have to be a finance-related class.
· What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it?
· What might you find interesting about investing?
· How might you contribute to or represent diversity?
Please include an unofficial copy of your transcript(s). If you transferred, please also include a transcript from your previous college or university.
5. Reference or Letter of Recommendation
Applicants may submit either a reference contact or a letter of recommendation. Typically, the most appropriate references or recommenders are university faculty members who can address your academic performance. Other references or recommenders may include past or current employers of relevant work who are familiar with your skills and abilities. For either the reference contact or letter of recommendation, please provide contact name, title, name of the organization with which the recommender is affiliated, and their e-mail address.
Please submit your information, resume, and short personal statement using the apply link provided. Our team will follow-up with details on how to submit an internship application, your transcripts, and reference or letter of recommendation.
Please submit requirements by 5pm PST on Friday, November 20, 2020.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If interested, please apply here.