Nancy Fechnay, a Partner at Flight Ventures, is looking to bring on a summer analyst starting in May or June. The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student eager to break into venture capital, who has a minimum of 5 months to commit (summer full time, 2-3 months or more part time during the school year). If you do an exceptional job, Nancy will openly introduce you to funds hiring or may give you an offer herself upon graduation.
- Assisting with investment due diligence and broader day to day initiatives.
- Sourcing and vetting potential deals.
- Creating investment committee and co-investment materials (i.e. deal memos).
- Joining calls with founders, taking notes, and eventually following up directly with founders.
- Networking with other investors and founders to increase the quantity of high-quality deal flow.
- If you are really good, you will get to run deals directly after training and proving yourself to a partner.
What we value:
- Intellectual curiosity, demonstrated strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and ability to work with limited oversight.
- Passion for the startup ecosystem and experience with evaluating businesses.
- Obsession with learning.
What you can expect from the experience:
- An internship that offers insight into the early-stage private markets and far more autonomy than is common for an entry level position.
- Help in securing a full-time position in venture via Nancy’s network (or potential for full time hire) if you are exceptional at your job.
- Direct mentorship from an experienced VC and 3x founder.
Note that this is an unpaid and remote internship. If you excel at your work, you may be offered carry in the deals you work on.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out this form ASAP.
Applications are due April 16th, with the first round of interviews to take place the 17th and 18th.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicki.McMorrow@FlightVC.co