Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Over the past two years, Flexport Capital has provided over $200 million in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs. As a start-up within a start-up, we’re developing unique fintech products that leverage the resources and data of Flexport’s platform for global trade.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and data-driven individual to join our tight-knit team. They will manage strategic projects for Flexport Capital across sales, marketing, operations, and product.
What You’ll Do
- Support Flexport account teams to propose, diligence, and execute lending opportunities
- Own account-level planning and forecasting for a portfolio of Flexport Capital clients
- Provide regular updates to leadership on customer financial and loan performance, including portfolio risk, returns, shipment data, invoicing activity and customer financials
- Develop recommendations to improve risk-adjusted portfolio returns
- Support strategic projects across product, sales, marketing, operations and capital markets
What You’ll Need
- 3-4 years work experience in corporate banking, investment banking, management consulting, private equity/venture capital AND/OR a business operations, strategy or finance role at a fintech, consumer/retail or logistics/supply chain company
- Current MBA student
- Demonstrated passion for financial technology and the future of embedded financial services
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven success building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across business lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting to C-level executives
- Strong familiarity with financial statements and working capital
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS required; undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills – Excel required, SQL a plus
If interested, please apply here.