Five Four Ventures Incubator LLC, a consumer-focused technology start-up incubator, is looking for an intern to work with our team and portfolio businesses building the next generation of consumer facing technology companies with proven entrepreneurs and leading minds in venture investing, the start-up ecosystem and new product development.
Five Four Ventures Incubator LLC is a recently launched incubation fund that concepts, builds and launches high-growth consumer facing start-ups in a variety of sectors. We’re looking for a sharp, hard-working, can-do intern who can work across our portfolio and with our team to help
research and develop our approach to new markets and businesses, support, promote, and accelerate the development of our portfolio companies, and generally take initiative and jump-in to help our efforts when the opportunity arises.
Our intern will work closely with our team, including our Partners, to focus on discreet tasks, primarily researching and developing new company and market opportunities, but potentially participating in ongoing daily tasks related to the needs of existing portfolio companies, including updating reporting sheets, developing marketing collateral and marketing support for portfolio companies on an ad hoc basis, and developing and systemizing reports for portfolio companies and new initiatives.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with positive energy who understands that no task is too small to jump at and who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get things done while working with experienced entrepreneurs to build the companies of the future.
1. Analysis and Research
● Take charge of individual research projects to understand new markets and other businesses.
● Produce detailed, clear, well written and informative reports about assigned subjects ● Communicate your results and recommendations clearly and effectively. ● Take direction with a pro-active and positive attitude.
● Pay close and keen attention to detail.
2. Portfolio Support
● Work with our portfolio companies and their management teams on projects that arise, including, but not limited to, identifying and organizing target list of influencers and partners and potentially reaching out to them with approved messaging, organizing user and advertising data, developing competitive landscape and differentiation, and providing assistance as requested.
● Contributing to marketing and outreach strategy and collateral development, as required. ● Organizing and systemizing data, information and lists that portfolio companies may have developed to make them easily comprehensible and accessible.
3. New business ideation
● Prepare clear and detailed executive summaries of new areas of opportunity. ● Write business plans.
● Produce early financial models and budgets.
● Understand and propose KPIs for new businesses, as well as success milestones. ● Report on initiatives to team.
● A strategic thinker with a bias for action.
● MBA candidate or graduate.
● Demonstrated personal, professional and educational achievement.
● Has achieved a degree or is pursuing a degree from a top academic institution. ● Highly quantitative and a good executor.
● Any experience with Excel and financial modeling a big plus.
● Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
● Positive and friendly attitude, agreeable and able to take direction.
● Keen interest in new technology and the start-up ecosystem.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please contact us at email@example.com. We want to talk.