Role Description: We are seeking to hire Summer (SF or NYC based) and In-School Year Associate Interns (in-office or Virtual) who are passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. We hire for these roles part time from both Undergraduate and Graduate level candidates and they are not only a terrific learning experience but also our primary approach to hiring full time team members!
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
- Help manage the investment pipeline process
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
- Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support:
- Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, regional market and global expansion and support for future financing
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excitement to work with and help build a specialist VC focused on FinTech globally
- Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology, along with RETech, InsureTech, and adjacent spaces
- Coursework and work experience ideal (1-2 years of experience) ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking with exposure to Financial Services / FinTech
- B.A. or B.S. Candidates in related fields, technical experience a strong plus or MA/MBA Candidates.
- High Level grasp of technology trends and business models, ideally in FinTech
- Network and experience in working across the US market and international markets a plus
- Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline
- Preference and consideration given to foreign language capabilities, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic
- Location SF, NYC, or Virtual