Expon Capital is seeking an Investment Analyst Intern to be a hands-on contributor to our investment process for 5 months or more.
Expon Capital is a Luxembourg-based Venture Capital firm. In addition to a strict mandate for exponential financial returns, we are also a force for good, benefiting both stakeholders & the world (read the Expon Capital Manifesto on our website). Technology is a tool capable of immediate & massive transformation. As entrepreneurs & venture capitalists, the nature of that transformation is in our hands. We consider startups of all stages, concentrating our search across Europe and Israel. By investing in big ideas with the potential for positive impact & exponential growth, we work to tackle global challenges together.
As an Investment Analyst Intern, your primary responsibilities will include reading hundreds of Business Plans and recording investment opportunities received by startups in the deal management platform. You will extract and analyze relevant information from startup business plans (significant part of the workload), acknowledge receipt, assess the potential deal’s quality with the team and give feedback to entrepreneurs.
You will learn about Venture Capital and Startups, the primary engines of innovation in today’s global economy, and an increasingly important component of the financial landscape. You will learn how startups are analyzed, valued and invested by VCs.
You will report directly to the Associates and the Partners.
The position is based in Luxembourg City. Starting date: 21st June 2021 (Please do not submit an application if you are not available around this starting date)
• Preferably finished Bachelor or current Master student
• Previous internship experience in consulting or finance is considered an advantage
• Superior verbal and written communication skills in English; French and German are considered an advantage, but not necessary
• Passion for technology, startups and interest in financial analysis
• Superior organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
• Flexible team player with can do attitude
• Strong MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) skills
• High energy levels and resilient
• Ability to thrive in a VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity) environment
• High standards for uncompromised business ethics and absolute integrity
• We do not sponsor visa for internships at this stage
Please kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org