As an Investment Analyst Intern, you will collaborate with the investment team to research and evaluate investment opportunities. The ideal candidate will have meaningful exposure to private company investing and a passion for quantitatively and qualitatively evaluating investment opportunities in the venture capital landscape. The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding business models and a curiosity about companies. This internship will provide meaningful exposure and responsibility to make an impact on a growing team. Prior interns have spent time supporting portfolio companies by assisting with financial models and pitch presentations while also researching new opportunities in the FinTech and Enterprise Tech space.
How you will make an impact…
- Underwrite and evaluate investments based risk and return fundamentals
- Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
- Prepare discounted cash flow analyses, competitive market analyses and development model analyses for current and pipeline opportunities
- Join meetings with current and pipeline company management teams and co-investors
- Assist in the preparation of pitch decks for pipeline opportunities and follow-on investments in current portfolio companies
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, or liberal arts ideally graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Limitless curiosity about business models, competitive dynamics and innovation
- An interest in diving deep in more than one investment category, gaining exposure to companies across the financial technology landscape including cryptocurrency, trading platforms, data businesses and technology companies.
- Passion for high quality work and the ability to relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- An interest in pursuing personal and professional growth by learning new principles
- Excellent behavioral and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office — specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- A minimum of 16 hours per week (there is flexibility on which days) prior to a full-time internship.
About your future team…
DRW Venture Capital is a private investor in financial and enterprise technology. Our team focuses on businesses that will benefit from our engagement beyond capital: as a client, as a liquidity provider, through our review of new products, and through our deep industry expertise. Our portfolio comprises 25 companies including Bitgo, ErisX, Ninja, Cuebiq and TradingView.
For more information about DRW’s processing activities and our use of job applicants’ data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.
If interested, please apply here.