POSITION: Summer Associate LOCATION: Remote
INTERNSHIP LENGTH: 12 weeks, starting June/July 2021 APPLICATION DUE: Wednesday, February 24
FIRM: Cultivian Sandbox Ventures (cultiviansbx.com) is a venture capital firm that invests in innovative technology startups focused on the food & agriculture industry. Founded by experienced operators from some of the world’s preeminent agriculture technology companies, and backed by leading Strategic and Institutional LP’s, the firm seeks to support and bring to market the technologies that will drive the world’s food system toward greater sustainability, security and safety. To do this, we invest across the full value chain of food & agriculture, from crop production and animal health to supply chain and food ingredients.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Summer Associate position at Cultivian Sandbox encompasses all aspects of fund operations, including industry analysis, sourcing, investment due diligence, financial modeling, portfolio company support, and relationship management. Our team operates in an open, thoughtful and collaborative way. We seek individuals who are self-starters, detail oriented, intellectually curious, and capable of performing at a high level in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing responsibilities.
- Source investment opportunities and develop key industry relationships
- Conduct investment due diligence in collaboration with Fund Team
- Perform financial modeling and analysis
- Record all deal information for reporting and trend analysis
- Research and report on industry trends and analysis
- Engage and collaborate with Limited Partners
- Assist in portfolio company management
- Bachelors Degree, MBA or Masters degree complete or in progress
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated interest and passion for technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Food, agriculture and/or technology industry operating experience preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Adept with financial modeling
- Relationship building skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Engineering, life sciences and/or agricultural sciences educational background preferred
Please complete your application here (https://forms.gle/b7nVro7b8PqWQ9Jg9) by Wednesday, February 24th. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every inquiry. We will contact you if there is a fit with the open position. Thank you for your interest!