btov Partners (#brainstoventures) has been backing outstanding European Startups in non-obvious Digital and Industrial Technologies since 2000. Our unfair advantage is the unique combination of dedicated Fund Teams and Europe´s strongest Network of Entrepreneurial Private Investors.
btov’s Private Investor Network is a vibrant community of approx. 200 (Ex-) Entrepreneurs who not only invest in start-ups but also support the btov team to spot, select, win and grow excellent companies.
btov invests EUR 50m per year in high growth companies with ticket sizes from EUR 0.5m to 3.5m. With offices in Berlin, Munich, St. Gallen and Luxembourg, the firm has close to EUR 600m in Assets under Management. We have backed 100+ companies around the globe including foodspring, dataArtisans, DeepL, Volocopter, SumUp, Finanzcheck, GNA Biosolutions and OrCam.
- Team: Private Investor Network
- Start date: January 2021
- Workplace: our Berlin office, you are free to regularly spend time in our other offices in Munich, St.Gallen or Luxembourg and to work from home
- Join us in our mission to take Europe’s strongest Network of Private Investors to the next level and to identify and invest in non-obvious start-ups
- Support the team in building relationships with the members of btov’s Private Investor Network and communicate potential investment opportunities
- Collaborate with btov’s Industrial Tech Fund and Digital Tech Fund team and the Private Investor Network to screen and analyse new Industrial Tech and Digital Tech start-ups
- Conduct industry research and develop new investment hypotheses
- Support in managing investment processes for new and follow-on transactions, ranging from due diligence activities, terms negotiations to signing a syndicate from btov’s network
- Work on initiatives to further strengthen the Private Investor Network community, e.g. through new event formats and collaboration tools
- Support portfolio management, including attendance of shareholder meetings, fund reporting, fundraising and operational/administrative support
- You have completed the fourth semester of your studies in business, economics, computer science, or with a technical background and achieved outstanding academic results
- Experience in a start-up, banking (wealth management), consulting
- You are passionate about entrepreneurship and have a solid understanding of digital business models
- You are a team player and self-starter with superb social skills and humour
- You combine analytical skills and attention to detail with a motivated, proactive mindset
- Fluent spoken and written German and English
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically with regards to Excel and PowerPoint
- Firstly, please send your CV via Join
- Secondly, you will meet a few team members via Zoom and complete a case study
- Thirdly, we will invite you to our offices so you can meet everyone in person and see where you will be working (if possible)
We are looking forward to hearing from YOU!
If interested, please apply here.