This is an internship position for a Spring Rotation, expected to start around January 3, 2022 through mid-May 2022 in Mountain View, CA.
The student intern will scout, analyze and gain an understanding of emerging trends, technologies, and materials in the field of Circular Economy/Sustainability to support BMW Group R&D efforts.
- Track activities, updates and investments in technology domains of interest and provide routine executive summary reports
- Identify trends and technologies in startups/corporations/universities in focus areas
- Support project management of innovation projects and track project and engagement activity
- Support team networking initiatives by identifying startup ecosystem partners including venture capital, accelerator programs, university initiatives and startups
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Volunteer Time
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree program at an accredited college or university
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Interaction Design, Product Design, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, other Engineering disciplines and/or Business Analyst majors with technical proficiency
- Have completed at least 30 college credit hours at time of application (Must attach a copy of college unofficial transcript)
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major)
- Strong project management skills
- Self-drive with ability to proactively and independently scout technologies, companies and initiative introductions with startups, companies of interest
- Strong presentation skills and MS office suite
- Ability to build connections and networks to expand reach and awareness of updates in the field
BMW NA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If interested, please apply here.