Are you ready to make a difference? Choose to work for one of the most trusted companies in Kansas.
- Assist the Director of New Ventures with daily activities and projects
- Research and recommend investment opportunities for New Ventures
- Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of healthcare. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
- Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment
- Screen and evaluate all available startups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments
- Assist in enhancing investment committee/executive panel reporting
- Prepare presentations for investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior executives as needed
- Attend prospective investment presentations
- Potential travel to the Topeka home office, off-site meetings or presentations or investment summits
- Carry out due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and technology assessments
- Assist with clerical support for all activities
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maximum number of hours allowed: 300, no more than 30 hours per week
- MBA Candidate – completed first year of study including core finance/accounting work. (GPA 3.2 or Above)
- The individual’s interest must be in Venture Capital Investing or Entrepreneurial Activities.
- Ex cellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PC skills with a strong working knowledge of MS Office to include PowerPoint, Word and Excel and broad Internet search skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter and be able to carry out activities with a minimum of supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Ability to perform investment modeling and analysis
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to design and provide research-based investment recommendations as well as develop actionable solutions
- Willingness to travel
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong customer focus
- Have the ability to reason from multiple perspectives and make decisions in a complex environment
IF interested, please apply here.