Blue 9 Capital is a family office that has a long history of investing early in private companies and supporting management through exit.
Since 1984, we have been investing in experienced teams building sector-defining solutions across industries. We aim to catalyze the growth of our portfolio companies across all stages and serve as engaged advisors, thinking conservatively about capital structures and vigorously about long-term vision.
Blue 9 Capital’s VC program was launched in 2019 to invest in the early stages of technological innovation across industries, with a core focus on financial services, healthcare tech and consumer platforms. Our VC portfolio includes a diverse group of companies such as Sweetgreen, Ro Health (digital healthcare), OMNY Health (healthcare data), Highsnobiety (ecommerce), Aclima Air (smart cities), amongst others.
Blue 9 Capital VC (“B9VC”) is seeking an energetic, passionate, and intellectually curious Intern to join our team. This position is ideal for a student or a recent graduate who is passionate about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and/or technology investing.
We are looking for a team member who can learn and adapt quickly to our fast-moving yet deliberate investment style, multi-task and take initiative and ownership of projects. The individual must have strong analytical and communication skills.
The intern will support Blue 9 through the following areas:
· Supporting due diligence of potential venture capital investments
· Supporting the compilation of Investment Memos and deal briefs
· Sitting in / contributing to team Investment Committee
· Conducting deep financial analysis on venture investments
· Supporting B9VC’s broader investment strategy development and refinement, including deep dives on sectors, technologies, and investment themes.
· Working with the team to build the investment thesis and conduct targeted deal searches in B9VC core sub-sectors of interest.
· Research topics will be selected based on prior expertise or demonstrated interest.
· The eventual goal will be to present findings to the team in an investment report, which would also include the investment case for 2-3 shortlisted companies
· Creating market maps and landscapes across B9VC’s core sectors
Pipeline and Diligence Database management:
· Managing databases of deal opportunities and building relevant relationships
· Contributing to weekly team pipeline meetings
· Building network and relationships
· Supporting B9VC team in documenting and analyzing ongoing communications with current portfolio companies
Additional investment related activities commensurate with experience, capabilities and time commitment
Ideal Professional Profile:
· Has a strong academic record from a top school. (MBA is an added bonus)
· Startup, consulting, banking or venture capital experience
· Strong ability to build and deconstruct financial models is a requirement
· Proficiency in coding (e.g. R/ Python) with some experience building data products is an added bonus
· Previous deep technology experience is a plus
Ideal Personal Attributes:
· Excellent critical thinking, analytical and research skills
· Impeccable self-starter work ethic with ability to learn quickly and multi-task
· Motivated, optimistic, and passionate about venture investing
· Strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
· Willingness to be flexible and nimble
· The position will be based out of our office in Tribeca.
· In response to COVID-19, initial onboarding will be entirely digital with daily touchpoints
· Mid-September start date (TBD), with ability to negotiate start (and end date) if needed
· Reporting to Allen Paik (Partner) and Divya Viveka (Principal)
· This position will offer a weekly stipend as compensation (to be determined)
· How to apply: Eligible candidates may send resumes and Cover Letter (describing their interest in the role).
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $10.00 – $17.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- College Credit
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
If interested, please apply here.