BBG Ventures is seeking an MBA Associate to join our investment team. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates interested in working in startups and venture capital post-MBA to gain hands-on experience with early-stage companies. You’ll gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including financial analysis, sector due diligence, deal execution, and portfolio support. Along the way, you’ll complete projects aligned with your interests in tech, as well as the needs of BBG Ventures. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about consumer tech and is driven to support female founders who are driving system changes and addressing the collective or lived experience of the 99%.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves and make things happen
- Is able to juggle multiple responsibilities and drive projects from conception to goal
- Is passionate about technology and start-ups and tapped into the community at their school
- Has strong writing skills and knowledge of social media tools
- Is self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude
- Can join the team for 12 weeks over the summer and commit to approximately 2 days per week during the Fall Semester
- Take ownership of at least 2 long-term projects, for example conducting an industry deep dive
- Research market, opportunity, and competitive landscape for potential investments
- Work with BBG Ventures portfolio companies on select projects
- Update internal fund management materials
- Help with sourcing new investments
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Docs
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
About BBG Ventures
BBG Ventures is an early-stage fund backing big ideas that will transform the way we live tomorrow. We focus on female founders who intuitively understand the dominant consumer and use that understanding to address the collective or lived experience of the 99%. Today’s world calls for VCs who embrace societal shifts and can support founders as they transform those shifts into a tidal wave of change. Tomorrow’s founders are poised to do giant things. We’re here to give them that first, crucial investment.
We look for companies that drive systems change, create 10x better consumer solutions, or address new buying behaviors across some of the biggest categories of consumer spending that are ripe for reinvention: Health and Wellbeing, Future of Education and Work, Climate Friendly Products and Platforms, Overlooked and Emerging Consumers.
To apply, please complete this form. We’ll be in touch if your application is a fit!