The primary responsibilities of this role, Leaps by Bayer MBA Summer Associate, are to:
- Join a team of high-performing MBAs, MDs, PhDs, and technologists that is constantly looking for new ways of conducting business, engaging our customers, modernizing our platforms and applying data and analytics;
- Be able to couple business opportunities with cutting-edge technologies lends itself to a unique opportunity within our organization;
- Report to the Senior Director of Venture Investments in the healthcare group for Leaps, and handle two discrete, high-visibility projects focused on leveraging existing Bayer assets to look into new emerging fields including digital health, AI/machine learning, cell and gene therapy, microbiome health, gene correction, tissue regeneration, and consumer health to identify new investment opportunities to be presented to a panel of senior leadership at the end of the summer;
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders across IT, R&D, supply chain, customer operation and customer care to evaluate internal areas of disruption through external investment;
- Challenge the status quo, reimagine business processes wearing the lenses of a disruptive innovator;
- Develop relationships with a wide range of decision makers, technologists and innovators to build use cases and new portfolio opportunities.
Who You Are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of MBA or a graduate degree;
- In-depth study or experience with biotechnology and healthcare including a good understanding of biology, oncology, genetics, and cell and gene therapy;
- 2+ years’ experience with strategic planning, market research, financial modeling or portfolio management;
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and training;
- Demonstrated ability in reducing complex concepts and putting innovation ideas to practice;
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency;
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation;
- Experience with digital health and consumer health;
- Strong ability to influence and motivate people through formal & informal channels;
- Experience working in a financial investment institution (VC, private equity, etc);
- Knowledge and experience of intellectual property.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
If interested, please apply here.