Avanta Ventures is the venture capital arm of CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer. As an affiliate of CSAA Insurance Group, Avanta Ventures is aligned with one of the top personal lines property and casualty insurance underwriters in the United States, and part of the AAA ecosystem that serves over 53 million members.
We are early-stage, thematic investors with a focus across three key areas:
- Insurtech – using disruptive technologies to create customer-centric insurance solutions
- Mobility – reinventing personal and commercial mobility through new data, connectivity, and platform technologies
- Adjacencies – sectors that align with and leverage key attributes of insurance
Beyond investment dollars, Avanta Ventures provides its portfolio companies with deep industry expertise, strategic guidance and unique partnership opportunities.
Working with our Head of Studios to lead and assist on projects related to running our Avanta Studios Program. This program provides opportunities for beginning stage startup companies in Insurtech, Mobility and Insurtech-Adjacent markets to access direction and resources that will accelerate their progress. Avanta Studios is a rolling admission-based program that provides a customized approach to helping startups reach key achievements and begin to scale. By joining the Avanta Studios community, startups will gain valuable insights from well-established relationships we have developed within the Insurance and Mobility ecosystems.
Core project scope
Identify and document where startups in our specific line of business sectors market themselves, collaborate with one another and search for content in this new virtual environment (post COVID19). Examples of this could include online groups, virtual events, online forums, etc. The output for this project will be to draft a strategy and campaign to develop awareness about Avanta Ventures (increase deal flow) and recruit potential early stage startup to the Avanta Studios program within these communities.
Other duties under Avanta Studios include:
- Assist in screening and selection of new Studios teams
- Build and execute two educational program events during your internship
- Participating in sessions with the Investment team
Other duties on the venture side may include:
- Proposing new investment targets and screening inbound deal-flow
- Performing business landscape evaluations
- Doing market sizing and competitor research
- Building financial models to stress test unit economics
- Take part in meetings with founders
- Conducting analysis on company materials
- Gain valuable first-hand insights within specific industry verticals (InsurTech and Mobility)
- Experience a fast-paced working environment with challenges which let you grow day by day
- Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a multi-layered, dedicated and motivating environment
- Expand your network within the venture and startup ecosystem
Who You Are
- You are actively enrolled in accredited MBA degree from a top university
- Established track record of personal, academic and professional achievements
- A go-getter mind-set with a keen interest in start-ups and technology
- You can efficiently work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner
- You have a high degree of ease with analytics, numbers and the capability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data
- You are an outstanding, success driven teammate
- Shows respect for differences through superlative interpersonal abilities with people from an array of backgrounds.
- Paid 12-week full time summer internship
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Let’s work together
Please apply here and submit your resume and tell us one company you think we should invest in and why
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact TalentAcquisition@csaa.com.
IF interested, please apply here.