Summer Associate — Washington, DC
Ardent Venture Partners (AVP) is a $100M early-stage venture fund investing in founders and companies located in growing tech hubs outside of the Valley that transform the way we work. Our General Partners have over 50+ years of experience investing in early-stage with a proven track record of successful investments.
We are looking for a self-driven candidate with a deep interest in the future of work, crypto, and fintech. We strongly encourage individuals who are under-represented in the VC industry to apply.
In this role your primary responsibilities will be:
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Support investment team in sourcing and evaluating thesis-related deals
- Develop market maps and work directly with VP/Partners to refine investment thesis
- Tackle ad hoc projects and tasks that support investment decision-making
Perform due diligence
- Help evaluate deal opportunities by gathering information and researching competitors
- Support the creation of investment memos and analysis for various meeting materials
- Perform quantitative and qualitative company and/or fund diligence
Support general operations
- Maintain and streamline our operational support tool systems (CRM, Data room, etc…)
- Attend GP, LP, and company meetings alongside other team members
- Create company and/or LP materials and decks
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- Strong interest and/or experience in B2B, SaaS, and enterprise solutions
- 3+ years of consulting, investment banking, or startup experience
- Experience developing executive ready slide decks/presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
To apply, please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Summer Associate”
Ardent Venture Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.