Anthemis cultivates change in financial services by investing in, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Founded on three guiding principles authentic collaboration, virtuous cycle outcomes and diversity and inclusivity, our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and values inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for a diverse group of startups, investors, entrepreneurs, institutions, academics, and visionaries to converge, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
The Female Innovators Lab by Barclays and Anthemis is a New York City based venture studio and investment fund dedicated to investing in female fintech founders. The Lab’s mission is to identify female founders at the earliest stages of their journey and match them with the resources and mentorship to help them succeed.
We are looking for an Intern to join us June 1st – August 31st 2021 working closely with the Female Innovators Lab team.
During your time you will
- Learn about venture capital
- Have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and fast-paced organization that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship at the earliest stages
- Add experience to your CV that will be relevant if you’re thinking of a career working in venture capital, private equity or entrepreneurship
Tasks will include
- Assist the FIL investment team with day-to-day deal flow analyzing early-stage financial technology companies. Areas of interest for this specific fund include Retail Banking & Consumer Finance, Data, Technology & Infrastructure, Payments, Insurance & Risk Management, Wealth & Risk Management, Business & Corporate Banking, and Capital Markets & Trading
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space, as well as scanning the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to broader dealflow sourcing activity
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process. This will feature market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports
- Support existing companies in the Lab
- Support our network and relationships with founders as well as start-up customers, partners and investors
- Intellectually curious candidates who are interested in venture capital, female founded companies, working with start-ups and the financial services industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficient with Google for Work suites of tools and Microsoft Office toolset
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic
- Candidate will ideally have venture investing experience or experience with technology startups
- MBA Preferred
- Appropriate working permit for US
Working at Anthemis
Come and be a part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone.
Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company.
We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team.
Paid holiday leave will be included, alongside a salary to be discussed.
If interested, please apply here.