500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. It is one of the most active venture capital firms in the world.
Since its inception in Silicon Valley, 500 Startups has invested in over 2,400 companies via its 5 global funds and 16 thematic funds dedicated to either specific geographic markets or verticals. Its 100+ team members are located in as many as 20 countries around the world in order to support the 500 Startups global portfolio of investments which spans more than 75 countries.
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 supports startups via their Seed Accelerator Programs which emphasize digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies. 500 Startups further contributes to the development of innovation ecosystems by supporting startups and investors through educational programs, events, conferences, and partnerships with corporations and governments around the world.
- Perform research and analysis on industry and company performance, allowing leaders to make better decisions based on analytical and strategic insight
- Ability to interpret large sets of data, see patterns, and reproduce in a presentable form with clear points
- Ensure data provided is correct, precise, timely and accurate
- Prepare research reports and slide decks for the investments and capital formation teams
- Work with the General Partners on special research projects
- Bachelor’s / Master’s / Doctoral candidates from top tier institutions. Prior work experience preferred (whether internships, part-time or full-time).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in research, data analysis and presentation deck design that can be demonstrated through work previously done
- Comfortable with working in an unstructured startup environment
- Ambitious, curious and enjoys / passionate about startup culture and venture
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Willing to work through long hours and late nights when necessary
- Proficient in G Suite tools
If interested, please apply here.