The RevTech Graduate Fellowship offers highly motivated graduate students a 12-week (Feb 22- May 21) remote, holistic startup and venture capital experience over the course of the spring semester. Graduate students are expected to dedicate 10 hours per week for this opportunity; compensation is in class credit / independent study if applicable. Most fellows will be placed at a portfolio company, and 1-3 fellows will be placed at RevTech. Typically, there is 1 fellow per company to maximize the mentorship relationship with the founder, with 2 fellows max.
Fellows gain an unprecedented opportunity to learn venture capital principles through the lens of retail technology while applying their experience through project-based learning to accelerate the fastest-growing startups in the industry. To advance their professional development, students receive weekly mentorship from a senior executive or CEO at a portfolio company, access to weekly RevTech deal flow meetings, and a weekly education series on venture capital through the lens of retail technology and concepts.
With the ongoing pandemic, we believe it is critical to provide students the necessary virtual tools to shape the future of the retail industry. The top-performing fellow will have the opportunity to intern full-time with RevTech in the summer.
venture capital fundamentals, deal sourcing, the RevTech due diligence process, and acceleration strategies for startups
one-on-one with seasoned RevTech Entrepreneurs and get to know the RevTech Ventures fund through weekly virtual discussion groups and networking opportunities; each fellow will complete at least one diligence with RevTech Ventures as well on a prospective investment
yourself through hands-on experience working directly for a RevTech portfolio company or internally at RevTech Ventures
Fellows will be matched based on a mutual selection process according to candidate and portfolio company’s preference. RevTech portfolio companies you may be matched with include Arcade, Cooklist, Crave, Endear, Neighborhood Goods, Pensa Systems, Pressed Roots, Recurate, Singuli, Topl, and The Citizenry. If placed at a startup, the nature of your project work will be created between you and the founder, based on alignment of your expressed interests and skills with portfolio company needs.
– Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at a US university
– Demonstrated interest in retail or retail technology, with a clear passion for the startup ecosystem
– Able to dedicate 10 hrs/wk to the program
– Confident and positive self-starter with demonstrated eagerness to learn
– Team player with strong written, interpersonal, & verbal skills
– Works well within a team and can be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
– Smart, creative thinker and problem solver
– Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and execute quickly
– Work experience in marketing, venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology business is a plus, but not required
– Application due: Jan 22
– First Round Invitations: Jan 25
– Interviews: Jan 26 – Feb 5
– Fellow final selections made: Feb 18
– Program launches: Feb 22
– Program end: May 21
Please check out our FAQ page (https://tinyurl.com/faqgraduatefellowship) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have additional questions.
Visit our website https://revtechventures.com/ to learn more about RevTech Ventures. Please note that our website is under construction.
We can’t wait to review your application!
If interested, please apply here.