Our Venture Fellow program turns two years old this summer and each of our Fellows have left their mark on our organization during their tenure. It’s proven to be a great avenue for recent graduates of undergraduate programs to break into the world of venture capital and startups in a “learn by doing” environment. Our Venture Fellows are a key member of our team and get exposure to all aspects of running a venture firm: sourcing, diligence, post-investment support, and investor relations.
We value diversity and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and tracking investment opportunities
- Collaborate on investment diligence
- Researching opportunity areas within our industry
- Assisting with post-investment portfolio support
- Managing our marketing efforts
- Helping refine and improve existing processes
- Overseeing basic office activities
- Leading the charge on events and special projects
- Liaising with Dynamo’s network of corporate relationships
- Supporting Partners with LP relations
- Having fun!
- Ability to handle high-ambiguity environments
- Fast BUT not hurried
- Considered to be detail-oriented
- Passion for startups and venture capital
- Outcomes and execution-oriented
- Have strong commercial and common sense
- Team player with zero ego
- Has a “growth mindset” and able to take constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to figure anything out
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program OR graduated in the last 12 months
How To Apply
Please send us a PDF answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/15 at 11:59 PM PT.
Subject: Venture Fellow July 2021 + your name
- LinkedIn profile
- 1 paragraph outlining your personal story and why you are the best candidate for this role
- 1 paragraph teaching us something (it can be anything)
- 1 paragraph describing a time when you had to deal with high levels of ambiguity
- List 3 pre-seed or seed-stage startups you love and why
Note: This is a paid opportunity that will begin in July (training to begin remotely during the last week of June).