DigitalDx Ventures is a diverse, early stage, impact venture fund that invests in digital health startups that diagnose illnesses earlier, less invasively, more accurately, and less expensively. DigitalDx is majority women-owned and operated, and our portfolio companies have over 50% women founders, co-founders, and women in the C-suite. We focus on artificial intelligence technologies in diagnostics that help doctors better understand their patients’ condition and make more personalized and effective treatment decisions. Few VCs truly understand the value of this area. Our team does, and is the leading force behind the most successful companies in this field. The Partners have already demonstrated the ability to find, support and create enormous value on both the venture and company sides.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking fellows who are highly analytical and deeply passionate about digital healthcare startups. During this fellowship, you will play a pivotal role in contributing to activities across the spectrum from portfolio support to investor engagement and brand-building. You will work side-by-side with DigitalDx’s Partners and receive active coaching and mentorship. You will work on a variety of daily business activities and special projects and learn up close and personal what VC investing is all about.
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time
- Research history and background of potential investors, contact information, investor events, and forms required to apply for funding
- Prepare newsletter marketing campaign to potential investors
- Create marketing materials for fund including data and insights into the focus vertical of the fund, financials of fund, partner track record, vertical data, and white papers
- Assist with internal projects to automate and optimize investment target selection process
- Postgraduate, Masters or Pd candidate currently pursuing a degree in Management/ Artificial Intelligence/ STEM/ Economics/Science/ genomics/ Investment/ relevant degrees at a prestigious university
- A deep passion and /or interest in startups, technology, venture capital, etc.
- Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly
- Open to learning new skills and taking on a variety of projects and tasks
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines at once
- Values-driven and adheres to the highest levels of professional and personal integrity
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support team
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely
- Ability to code and support decision-based analytics a plus
- Experience with family offices, fund of funds, placement agents, advisory services, endowments, a plus
- Experience at a competitive startup or VC firm highly preferred but not required
Start Date: October 12th 2020
End Date: December 18th 2020, with a potential to extend Fellowship
Application Deadline: October 5th 2020 11:59 PM PST
Time Commitment: 5-20 hours a week (depending on projects you choose to work on)
How to Apply: If interested, please send an email with subject line “Internship Application” including a brief statement of interest (max 300 words) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .