Angelfund.ai is a startup based in Silicon Valley that connects startups to relevant investors. We have helped countless startups and investors with introductions and want to help you become involved in the industry. Learn more about us from our website at http://www.angelfund.ai.
LEARN HOW THE VENTURE CAPITAL INVESTMENT PROCESS WORKS
Here at Angelfund.ai, we’re as busy as ever and are excited to announce the search for our next cohort of Venture Fellows. Experience in venture capital is highly sought after but difficult to break into. We created a year-long Venture Fellow program to offer an opportunity for hands-on experience where one can learn how venture capital works and how startups get funded. The individual will join a team of fellows led by the deal flow team at Angelfund.ai and have a rare opportunity to learn the inner workings of startup evaluation. At the conclusion of the program, the fellow will understand the keys to success in VC and how to evaluate success factors in early stage startups. Current Angelfund.ai investors and partners will provide training, support, and instruction for incoming fellows.
STARTUP SCOUTING FELLOWSHIP
Angelfund.ai is seeking motivated and hardworking individuals for our fellowship program. These individuals will spend < 15 hours/week helping the deal flow team with sourcing and diligence — fundamental skills for every Venture Capitalist. This is an opportunity to develop hands-on experience identifying and evaluating investment opportunities. The fellowship will be an entrepreneurial role with clear definitions of success and a path for internal advancement.
Fellows will be responsible for assisting the team with the following:
- Phase 1: Dealflow Prospecting
- Leveraging Angelfund.ai’s tools and processes to identify compelling startups
- Building knowledge and relationships in their local startup ecosystem to identify compelling startups
- Identifying new strategies for sourcing local startup opportunities
- Phase 2: Dealflow Evaluation
- Applying filtering and evaluation criteria according to Angelfund.ai’s thesis
- Conducting meetings with founders
- Scoring and rating opportunities for review by Deal Leads
- Pitching the best candidates/startups to deal team
- Must be comfortable conducting monthly interviews with top-tier investors discussing startups/tech/venture (with guidance)
- Top Fellows will gain access to other aspects of firm operations and gain increasing levels of responsibility including opportunities to join the cap table
Prospective candidates should have the following characteristics:
- Passion for VC, startups, and entrepreneurship
- Fast and detail-oriented
- Resourceful — can figure out a way forward with no hand-holding
- Excellent listening skills with high EQ and good common sense
- Execution-oriented — focused on outcomes
- Metric-Driven — Set goals and meet or exceed them every week
- Competitive spirit — unafraid of new challenges
- Team Player
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to network
- Ability to quickly build trusted, authentic relationships
- A schedule that comfortably allows for a 5-15 hour commitment/week.
- Candidates need not have a financial, investment banking or private equity background. All backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please apply here.