645 Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm that partners with early-stage visionary founders who aspire to build iconic businesses that transform industries and reach large scale M&A and IPO events. We invest at the Seed and Series A stages and leverage our Voyager software platform to enable our Success team and Connected Network to help founders scale to the growth stage. Select portfolio companies that have reached the growth stage include Iterable, Goldbelly, Resident, Eden Health, FiscalNote, and Squire.
We invest in four main areas: SaaS for the Second Wave, Citizen Professionals, The Engineering Value Chain Revolution, and Personalized Consumer Applications. You can read more here: https://645ventures.com/themes/
645 Ventures has $200m+ in AUM and is growing fast with backing from leading institutional investors, including university endowments, funds of funds, and pension funds. We have over 35 active companies in our portfolio in the areas of enterprise SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technology. Several of our portfolio companies have been acquired by Google, Facebook, Expedia, and private equity firms.
645 is seeking to hire an Investment Fellow who will work as a member of the firm’s Investment and Research team. In this role, the individual will help the firm source new investment opportunities, assist with the firm’s research in evaluating new markets, and play a key role in the firm’s investment due diligence process. The Investment Fellow will comprehensively review lead sources and prioritize investment prospects for engagement by the Investment and Research team. The Fellow will also complete detailed benchmarking, market sizing, and competitive analyses on specific sectors as well as specific prospect companies and investment verticals. The individual will join a team that is focused on elevating the standard of excellence and rigor in early stage sourcing, due diligence, and deal execution. This position will provide exposure to a wide range of sectors and business models, as well as the broader venture capital community.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Preferably enrolled in an MBA or graduate program currently
- Experience working in investment banking, management consulting, or private equity, preferably as a research analyst or in a position providing a strong understanding of software and Internet business models and ability to analyze key aspects of business models on a quantitative basis
- Ability to think creatively to size new markets where there are not many historical comps.
- High work ethic and demonstrated competitive drive, with experience in quantitative performance benchmarks
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills, demonstrating an ability to perform business model and venture capital valuation, income statement analysis, and underlying unit economics analysis
- Very strong written, communication, and public speaking skills as the role will require both written and verbal communication to the firm’s stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage several projects simultaneously
- Intellectually curious to learn about new companies and markets, with a passion for reading and / or consuming new information
- Please fill out this brief application form on Airtable: https://airtable.com/shrgTN0S5Asc9NOt1
- If your background matches the role, we will reach out directly on next steps
If interested, please apply here.