Tishman Speyer is a leading owner, developer, operator and investment manager of first-class real estate in 28 key markets across the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America. We develop, build and manage premier office, residential and retail spaces for industry-leading tenants, as well as state-of-the-art life science centers through our Breakthrough Properties venture. With global vision, on-the-ground expertise and a personalized approach, we are unparalleled in our ability to foster innovation, quickly adapt to global and local trends and proactively anticipate our customers’ evolving needs. By focusing on health and wellness, enlightened placemaking and customer-focused initiatives such as our tenant amenities platform, ZO., and our flexible space and co-working brand, Studio, we tend not just to our physical buildings, but to the people who inhabit them on a daily basis.
Since our inception in 1978, Tishman Speyer has acquired, developed, and operated 424 properties, totaling 184 million square feet, with a combined value of approximately $97 billion (U.S.). Our current portfolio includes such iconic assets as Rockefeller Center in New York City, The Springs in Shanghai, TaunusTurm in Frankfurt and the Mission Rock neighborhood currently being realized in San Francisco.
In the last 5 years, Tishman Speyer has pushed into Venture Capital with a focus on early-stage Proptech investment. Tishman Speyer recently formed the firm’s first SPAC, a $300M publicly traded vehicle focused on the Proptech space. With both the early-stage investment strategy, as well as the SPAC vehicle, Tishman Speyer can be a highly valuable strategic partner to both early-stage venture backed companies, as well as companies on the precipice of the public markets.
The Director will join as a member of the Proptech team, with a primary focus on investment in the proptech space. This individual will report to Jenny Wong, Managing Director and CIO of TS Innovation Acquisitions Corp.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Source investment ideas and make initial outreach through existing network and building founder relationships
· Network with peers and other industry contacts
· Conduct due diligence on potential investments and negotiate deal terms
· Perform valuation analysis
· Prepare and deliver internal investment recommendation
· Help scale the Proptech company partners in the global TS platform
We seek intelligent candidates with the following qualities:
· 3-5 years of experience in an analytically rigorous role in early stage venture capital and / or growth equity fund role. MBA preferred, but not required.
· Exceptional analytical skills and financial acumen
· Collaborative nature willingness to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues across various teams
· Strong verbal and written presentation skills
· Capable of easily interacting with senior management
· Conscientious attention to detail, proactive and self-motivated
All applications must include a current resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your interests and fit for the role.
LOCATION: NEW YORK
Tishman Speyer is deeply committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce which promotes different views and perspectives. We expect our leaders and employees alike to champion diversity and inclusion practices. Tishman Speyer has several employee affinity and interest groups that provide employees opportunities to develop professional relationships across the business and identify opportunities for development and advancement.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristics protected by law.
If interested, please apply here.