As Director of Accelerator Operations, you’ll have a major impact on the long term success of the Accelerator by improving the program with each cohort. Working hand-in-hand with Stadia’s investment partners, you’ll source and support our Accelerator companies, guide them through the program, and make sure operations run smoothly. You’ll support key players including founders, mentors, and sponsors to get the best outcomes possible for our Accelerator companies. Finally, you’ll be a highly-visible member of our close-knit team and a key steward of the Stadia brand.
- Plan, improve and implement the full execution of the Accelerator from sourcing companies through Demo Day.
- Create and execute the application & interview process alongside the Investment team.
- Manage week-to-week team progress by running weekly check-in meetings and serve as the conduit between cohort teams and the Investment Partners.
- Lead promotion and marketing of Accelerator program in tandem with Community Manager
- Manage program logistics like operations, budgeting, scheduling, calendar management, event planning, mentor coordination, office coordination, and founder community.
- Manage the Accelerator community by making sure that founders, investors, mentors and partners build strong relationships.
- Recruit, onboard, and nurture Mentor relationships.
- With team support, ensure successful planning and execution of program events like Investor Road Map, Demo Day, Finalist Pitch Day, and social events.
- With team support, gather and analyze data of previous cohorts including details on investment rounds post Demo Day and key statistics of companies.
- Continuously explore new ideas and trends to enhance your (and your team’s) outside-in perspectives but also to identify opportunities to improve and enhance the program.
- Relentlessly focus on testing, learning, enhancing and scaling new offerings that directly benefit our accelerator stakeholders.
- Collect feedback on the program before, during and after the program through surveys. Analyze feedback and suggest improvements.
- You’re a project management guru and skilled multitasker who’s detail-oriented without losing the bigger picture
- You are a people person and naturally build + sustain relationships at all levels
- You’re a diplomat who has the backbone to handle ambitious founders and early-stage startups
- You love the challenge of guiding startups along their growth journey
- You are a self-starter and you proactively communicate + solve problems
- You are resourceful and adaptable, with the ability to solve problems & improve processes
- You love organization and take pride in producing professional work
- You thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- You can remain poised and hold it together when the sh!t hits the fan
- You have a good sense of humor!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meaningful experience working in the innovation space and/or directly for an accelerator, early-stage venture firm or startup
- Deep understanding and appetite for forming new partnerships, business models, industry evolutions and how to drive innovation at scale
- 5-10 years of professional experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Location is ideally in St. Louis, MO, but open to discuss for the right candidate
- Salary plus discretionary annual bonus and potential eligibility for carried interest
- Standard benefits such as health insurance, 401(k), PTO
Stadia Ventures is the global nexus of sports, investment and innovation. We are a venture capital fund and accelerator program that invests in pre-Series A startups serving the areas of sports and esports, in addition to adjacent verticals such as wellness, music, entertainment and defense/military. Stadia has backed over 60 amazing startups since 2015!
Interested individuals should apply at the following link.