Please do not apply if you do not have prior experience (1) as a Principal or Partner at a top-tier Venture Capital or Growth Equity fund or (2) as a Vice President or Director at a top-tier Investment Bank.
SeedInvest is seeking an experienced Director to lead our Venture Team in New York, NY and oversee all new deal origination, structuring, and due diligence/deal selection.
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides investors with direct access to highly vetted, early-stage investment opportunities. SeedInvest boasts a rapidly growing network of ~500,000 investors and has deployed over $250 million into over 225 startups to-date across a wide range of sectors, stages, and geographies. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a leading equity crowdfunding platform which is dramatically changing the way private companies raise capital.
- Previous senior-level experience sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity firm, or Investment Bank
- Proven track record of execution in growing and managing an investment team
- Proven track record of sourcing, structuring, evaluating, and closing successful investments
- Meaningful and broad existing connections within the early-stage, startup ecosystem
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both lead and work within a team-based setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Help grow and manage SeedInvest’s deal sourcing and vetting team through the refinement and management of KPIs, implementation of best practices including pipeline management, forecasting and deal sales, and general mentorship
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities through repeatable, scalable sales processes, with a particular focus around round sizes of $5-$25 million
- Develop deal flow channels by building and maintaining relationships with Venture Capital firms, Accelerators, and other sources
- Evaluate and structure investment opportunities across a range of sectors, stages, and geographies
- Drive strategy, revenue, hiring, and manage a P&L
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
This is a salaried full-time position with equity compensation.
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 225 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 450,000 investors and entrepreneurs. SeedInvest has had over 50,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
If interested, please apply here.