Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, and stealth ventures in elder care, behavioral health, physical therapy, brand acceleration, and complementary medicine. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
As our Director of New Ventures, you will wear multiple hats, think critically, and work in a dynamic organization solving worthy problems. This is one of the most unique jobs out there – sitting between venture capital and operations.
In this role, you will research specific healthcare themes or verticals, determine high priority concepts, and then take a selected business idea through the diligence and launch process with the support of the New Ventures team & all of Redesign Health.
You will report to and work with our Head of New Ventures in our New York City headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage Redesign’s research database, network of industry advisors, and strategic relationships to identify business opportunities that Redesign is uniquely positioned to launch.
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the healthcare industry.
- Perform competitive analyses and identify current best practices and market leaders.
- Size existing and latent markets and identify trends and relative positioning.
- Concept Development & Project Evaluation:
- Establish a comprehensive business plan for new ventures.
- Develop the economic model and key performance indicators to support your thesis.
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers.
- Identify and begin to explore any key partnerships that would be required to launch the business.
- Define and develop a clear vision, mission, and go-to-market strategy for this new venture.
- Collaborate with the product and marketing teams, as well as potential customers, to define and prototype a minimum viable business product or service.
- Oversee foundational operational efforts, including but not limited to the management of internal and external resources, identification and negotiation of critical external partnerships (vendors, suppliers, etc.), and facilitation of financial, accounting, legal, and real estate decisions.
- Onboard a Founding Chief of Staff to aid you in operationalizing the business.
- Develop a view on the optimal founding team.
- Partner with our talent team and the Founding Chief of Staff to identify profiles, develop JDs and scorecards, interview and evaluate founding team candidates.
What you’ll need:
- Absolute minimum of 5 years of experience in banking, investing, consulting, strategy, or product.
- Experience working on business diligence & in-depth industry research.
- Experience working in healthcare.
- Absolute minimum of 1 year of management experience.
- Ability to move projects to completion with limited information available.
- Skilled in & has a deep understanding of financial modeling.
- Ability to take ambiguous problems, distill them down to core questions, create a framework for solving those questions.
- Strategic Mindset: You anticipate future trends and implications accurately. You readily pose future scenarios. You articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action. You see ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Action Oriented: You readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and seize new opportunities. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You step up to handle tough issues. You take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages Ambiguity: You deal comfortably with the uncertainty of change. You effectively handle risk. You can decide and act without having the total picture. You are calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. You deal constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. You operate effectively, even when things are not certain and the way forward is unclear.
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare – We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome – We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners – We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives – We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness – We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously – We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your wellbeing. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness.
- Benefits for your physical wellness
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution options
- Fully paid memberships to One Medical primary care & Teladoc virtual care
- $10 a month over-the-counter medicine credit
- Quarterly In-home house cleaning
- Annual at-home massage on us, to relax and unwind
- Work from home set-up stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contributions
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid financial coach to help you meet your financial goals
- Benefits for your mental wellness
- Unlimited PTO
- 2-week company-wide winter break
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Spotify Premium reimbursed
- Headspace mindfulness service
- Annual learning stipend
IF interested, please apply here.