Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today. Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) invests in principled entrepreneurs across a range of industries who are building transformative companies that are changing the world.
KDT is seeking an Investment Director who will help lead and build the Venture Portfolio. This will include originating through supporting early stage startups. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experienced originator with a strong network of founders and CEOs
- Visionary thinker with keen instincts to screen teams, cultures, and technologies
- Collaborative and fosters a positive team environment
- Ability to build a pipeline of high-quality, early-stage opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong economic and technological decision-making
This role will be located in Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Originate, screen, and select early stage opportunities, while expanding entrepreneur & knowledge networks
- Drive investment decisions though market trends, competitive analysis, and financial insights
- Manage the diligence process by focusing on key drivers, investment criteria and deal structuring
- Lead portfolio management efforts through monitoring risks, gaps and support areas
- Articulate opportunities to senior management that clearly frame the technology, economics, range of outcomes, synergies and risks
- Assume responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of work experience in venture capital, private equity, or related investment experience
- 3+ years of experience in due diligence process/project management
- Experience with company valuation
- Skilled and adaptable to various collaborative software platforms, including but not limited to D365, Excel, PowerPoint and more
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Direct startup experience
- Deep subject matter expertise in 1-2 industry verticals or technologies
- Strong relationships in venture capital and startup communities
- Strong market analysis experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
If interested, please apply here.