Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today. Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) invests in principled entrepreneurs across a range of industries who are building transformative companies that are changing the world. https://www.kochind.com/companies/koch-disruptive-technologies KDT is seeking an Investment Director who will help lead and build the Venture Portfolio. This will include originating through supporting early stage startups.
A Successful Candidate Will Have The Following Attributes:
- Experienced originator with a strong network of founders and CEOs
- Visionary thinker with keen instincts to screen teams, cultures, and technologies
- Collaborative and fosters a positive team environment
- Ability to build a pipeline of high-quality, early-stage opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong economic and technological decision-making
The core investment team is located in Wichita, KS. While there is flexibility to be remote, preference will be given to locations that have strong startup communities, including:
- Silicon Valley/San Francisco Bay Area
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Originate, screen, and select early stage opportunities, while expanding entrepreneur & knowledge networks
- Drive investment decisions though market trends, competitive analysis, and financial insights
- Manage the diligence process by focusing on key drivers, investment criteria and deal structuring
- Lead portfolio management efforts through monitoring risks, gaps and support areas
- Articulate opportunities to senior management that clearly frame the technology, economics, range of outcomes, synergies and risks
- Assume responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of work experience in venture capital, with startup valuation and diligence experience
- Strong industry insights and founder networks
- Skilled and adaptable to various collaborative software platforms, including but not limited to D365, Excel, PowerPoint and more
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
If interested, please apply here.