As Director of JCI Ventures, you will report into our SVP of Corporate Development (with significant interaction with Business Unit Presidents) and be instrumental in developing investment and impact theses, creating strategically relevant high quality deal flow, leading the execution of new investments, as well as actively engaging in the monitoring and support of portfolio companies, and at times as a board director or observer. You will be working closely with the rest of the JCI Ventures team. You will also be regularly collaborating across the different business units to develop strategies for growth and define areas of potential disruption and opportunity.
The ideal candidate is for an experienced investment professional or venture-backed startup founder with demonstrated experience sourcing, negotiating and executing venture capital or growth equity investments as well as serving on boards and supporting portfolio companies.
To be considered, please include a list of any transactions/investments and if relevant, non-profit or volunteer activities, within or alongside your resume.
How You Will Do It
- Full execution of venture investments including strategically identifying, evaluating, structuring, negotiating and executing new investments
- Responsible for taking a leading role in running business, financial, market and legal diligence
- Actively supporting portfolio companies, including board involvement where appropriate
- Developing investment and impact theses, measuring results and driving learning
- Working closely within our various business units to understand strategic priorities and to serve as a resource in advising on invest, grant, buy, build, and partner decisions
- Represent Johnson Controls in a range of formal and informal settings
What We Look For
- Demonstrated commitment to opportunity and equity in the workplace and broader society
- Background in venture capital or as a founder of a venture-backed startup
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as business and investment judgment
- Proven leadership with high integrity and conscientiousness
- Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and resilience, as well as ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with C-level entrepreneurs, fellow investors, and VCs
If interested, please apply here.