Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) generates $11B in revenue developing advanced materials, process technologies, automation solutions, and industrial software that are revolutionizing industries around the world. Industrial manufacturers and producers rely on Honeywell expertise in Connected Plant, technologies and advanced materials to improve their performance and business results. PMT consists of:
- Honeywell Process Solutions: Leader in industrial automation for over 45 years; Leading software, analytics & technology solutions for safe, reliable and efficient operations
- UOP: Honeywell UOP creates new technologies that convert oil and natural gas into transportation fuels, energy and petrochemicals; the leading international supplier and licensor of processing technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants and technical services
- Advanced Materials: Making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customers’ offerings through its portfolio of chemistries, materials, connected solutions, and superior customer service
- Sustainable Technology Solutions: PMT launched Sustainable Technology Solutions in 2020 to develop and commercialize new technologies that meet the growing demand for sustainable solutions and address the world’s growing energy needs. This fast-learning organization tests new ideas for commercial viability and quickly develops them as new businesses. These solutions will pave the way for a lower carbon economy through processes and technologies that can efficiently recycle plastic waste, significantly improve renewable power generation through enhanced energy storage and convert renewable feedstocks into cleaner-burning fuels.
We have created a role, the Venture Platform Development Director, that will drive awareness, collaboration and partnership between aligned startup companies and enterprise businesses to help accelerate progress in PMT’s exciting new growth areas. You will play a meaningful role in building Honeywell’s capabilities and reputation as a preferred strategic partner while ensuring we have the right processes, resources, partner visibility, and support in place to drive successful outcomes while focusing on identifying, negotiating and nurturing external venture partnerships.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are ready for you to join our team!
- Drive implementation and execution of strategic efforts between PMT and portfolio companies. Establish goals, develop metrics and monitor performance against plans
- Collaborate with PMT M&A, Strategy and Business Leadership to identify clear areas of focus and goals to guide partnership and Honeywell Venture Capital (HVC) origination efforts
- Lead assessment of partnership ideas in close collaboration with PMT functional authorities and in conjunction with the HVC team
- Maintain and expand network of relevant relationships to include VCs, bankers, industry authorities/organizations and others to efficiently identify and originate startup and early stage companies
- Deep experience finding, developing and balancing Strategic Partnerships between early/growth stage companies and large MNCs
- Creativity to identify trends and patterns; collaborate with key business partners and find alignment around a common vision and key goals
- Startup deal sourcing, from seed through early (Series A/B) stage; identification and prioritization of highly disruptive, innovative tech startups with strong relevance to PMT sectors of interest
- Focus on core and enabling technologies in areas such as computer vision, machine learning, sensors, advanced materials and enterprise/industrial software
- Strategic partnerships with leading VCs, universities, and incubators that align to PMT industry focus areas to drive awareness and exposure across the business
- Due diligence and negotiation of both technical and commercial engagements including proof of concepts/pilots, IP licensing, collaborative R&D, co-marketing and joint go-to-market
- Work in close partnership with PMT Strategy and Innovation leaders to ensure external ecosystem engagements improve and/or accelerate internal initiatives
YOU MUST HAVE
- 10 years’ experience in a combination of Corporate MNC (e.g. in Strategy, M&A, or Business Development roles) and Management Consulting
- 5 years’ experience working in or with the startup/Venture Capital ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in business, computer science, or engineering; MBA preferred
- Significant exposure to equity investing within a Corporate VC or at an institutional VC
- Leadership experience with high-growth startup companies that successfully raised a post-seed equity round
- A proven record of successful deal making and/or driving accretive partnerships
- Technical know-how to structure and negotiate commercial partnership deal terms
- High Financial acumen and deep financial analysis skills
- Ability to quickly analyze and value target opportunities
- Successful track record leading multiple complex projects with contending priorities across large, matrix organizations
If interested, please apply here. .