Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don’t have time for fine print, extra doctor’s appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15-week process of paper applications and medical exams into just the click of a button by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, GV, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We were recently listed as one of the best places to work in 2021 by Built In, CNBC’s 100 startups to look out for, and featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital’s key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
As the Director of New Ventures, you will develop new revenue-generating strategic partnerships with top fintech, proptech, and other companies with innovative B2C and B2B2C digital channels. These will primarily be product-driven partnerships which require a consultative business development approach. The ideal candidate will be able to hunt for qualified opportunities, and propose innovative solutions that create long-term value for our customers, our partners, and Ethos.
In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, and negotiating joint partnerships, as well as working with senior leaders across Ethos to develop and execute against joint business plans. This is a unique opportunity to be situated at the nexus of product, sales, and the broader strategic efforts at Ethos.
- Identify the partner landscape, evaluate focus areas and present strategic recommendations to the Leadership team
- Use network to quickly vet and prioritize partnerships opportunities and define product and business terms required for success
- Run end-to-end deal execution including strategy development, identification and screening of partners, deal negotiation, and ongoing relationship management
- Develop and implement new go-to-market strategies and business plans through close collaboration between external partners and internal stakeholders, including product, marketing and sales
- Assess go-to-market operating models, perform market analysis, and source key partners
- Work with clients and partners to design, iterate, and evolve joint roadmaps that address client priorities and create value
- Recruit, manage, and mentor additional team members based on business needs
- 10+ years work experience, with 6+ years track record of successful Strategic Partnership Development
- A diverse portfolio of contacts within the fintech and proptech ecosystems and experience building trusted partnerships through leveraging those relationships
- Direct experience sourcing, negotiating, closing and managing strategic partnerships
- A natural ability to foster relationships with C-suite executives and key decision makers
- Experience creating new markets and building business solutions from the ground up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present to and influence senior leadership
- Ability to not only roll up your sleeves and get things done but also take stock of the bigger picture and think strategically
- Must be an independent self-starter with a high sense of urgency and a strong desire to be part of building something new
If interested, please apply here.