Founded in 1981, EDCO is a non-profit corporation supported by private and public members and stakeholders. Our mission is to create a diversified local economy and a strong base of middle-income jobs in Central Oregon. To do this, we focus on helping companies do the following:
- MOVE. We attract and guide outside employers through the relocation process as a resource for regional data, incentive, talent, site selection, and more.
- START. We mentor and advise scalable young companies from concept to exit on issues such as access to capital, critical expertise, and strategy.
- GROW. We partner with local traded-sector companies to help them grow and expand.
Where you get to live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
About the role
Scalable startups are a key component of a thriving economy. The Venture Catalyst Director plays a pivotal role in helping entrepreneurship drive future job growth in Central Oregon by executing the plans and programs of EDCO’s “Start” initiative.
The goal: establish the region as a Top 10 location in the country in which to start and grow a business.
The ideal candidate has:
- Real-world founder experience as an entrepreneur of a scalable business with at least one successful exit.
- Equity investing experience including evaluating startups and early-stage companies, working with investor groups, valuations, and due diligence.
- A sincere passion for helping startups grow into successful companies.
- Initiative and ability to take the Venture Catalyst Director role to the “next level”.
- Thorough understanding of debt financing, including the options that are available at different stages of growth.
Supporting the region’s entrepreneurs such that they can succeed at a much higher rate includes:
- Expanding a network of volunteers (Stable of Experts) with deep business/technical experience across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Meeting with and connecting entrepreneurs with volunteers in the Stable of Experts.
- Preparing startups and early-stage companies to successfully compete for debt/equity funding (pitch coaching & refinement, business plan/strategy review, etc.), including connection with needed professional expertise, technical information, and preparedness to attract equity and debt capital. Also includes active contact and follow up with business owners and managers, company visits, correspondence, information requests, research, and proposals.
- Working with Director of Events to managing and oversee events for entrepreneurs (Central Oregon PubTalk, Bend Venture Conference, etc.) which includes, but is not limited to, identifying/securing keynote presenters and pitching companies, supporting the BVC LLC Fund Manager(s), pitch coaching, and facilitating due diligence meetings while achieving both EDCO financial objectives and early-stage company objectives (exposure, coaching, etc.).
- Tracking both effort and results of the “Start” initiative in periodic KPI reports and via EDCO’s CRM (Executive Pulse).
- Working actively with the Director of Marketing & Communications to promote startup successes and increase visibility of young companies.
- Identifying and securing funding sources to help sustain and grow the “Start” initiative.
- Maintaining and growing a network with other institutions, organizations and individuals that support startups.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $77,000.00 – $83,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The office is not currently open to the public without requesting a meeting in advance. Masks are worn when in the presence of non-fully vaccinated individuals.
- One location
If interested, please apply here.