For the first time in our history as a firm, Bessemer is excited to bring on a Director, Early Stage Programs. This role will be responsible for the initiatives Bessemer employs to see the best early stage venture deals. Success at the early stage is the backbone to our continued performance as a global, multi-stage VC fund. This role will manage and improve our current programs, track our early stage activities, and drive the high level strategy to improve these efforts for the future. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our 20+ partners and the broader investment team across $3.3B in global funds.
We’d prefer you be local to one of our offices in Silicon Valley or New York, however remote work is an option for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with our partners to drive high level strategy on how we can see and win the best early stage deals.
- Manage and improve our existing programs which include our early stage investment vehicles, scout programs and other initiatives.
- Identify metrics to measure success and build systems for tracking our progress at sourcing the highest quality early stage deals.
- Establish meaningful relationships across the early stage network of seed funds, solo GPs, angels and influential operators; serving as the firm’s point of contact for the early stage investment community.
- Collaborate closely with our marketing and events team to build out our lineup of early stage investor touchpoints.
- Support the onboarding of new angel and seed investor relationships into our network.
The ideal candidate for the job will be someone with the following traits:
- A deep understanding of the current early stage (angel / seed / Series A) venture landscape, with direct job experience that has helped you establish a network and credibility in the space
- An excellent operator with 4-8+ years of experience developing, executing and managing large scale projects, products or programs; a strong aptitude for building a clear plan, advocating for resources, executing on the plan and measuring success
- A mixture of critical thinker, creative problem solver and skillful project manager; you can diagnose problems like a management consultant, dream up clever and novel solutions like a creative director and then build well-executed programs like a product manager
- A high-EQ networker and community builder. You are a people person who loves building relationships in the seed and angel community. You have top-notch relationship building skills and are able to build rapport with a wide variety of personalities. A low ego personality who thrives in bringing a community together
- Strong executive presence; you’re comfortable working directly with our most senior partners to bring change to a large, dynamic organization
- Aptitude and curiosity to take on new responsibilities within and outside of the job description written here
- Someone with high integrity; someone who asks for forgiveness, not permission, someone with professionalism and someone with a good sense of humor
Bessemer Venture Partners is a global multi-stage venture fund currently investing out of our $3.3B eleventh fund family. Today, we manage one of the largest venture capital funds in the industry, with $10B+ AUM and offices across the globe in Silicon Valley, Boston, New York, Israel, and India.
Over the past 30 years, Bessemer has taken more than 130 companies public and generated top venture returns fund after fund. We’ve been fortunate to be early investors in countless companies that have fundamentally changed industries, including Shopify, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twilio, Yelp, Procore, SendGrid, PagerDuty, DocuSign, Box, Wix, Skype and many others. BVP invests across investment stages and across all areas of technology—including software, frontier tech, digital media, healthcare IT, and financial services.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role, please send your resume and a few lines about why you’re a good candidate to David Wehrs at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!